Kids-N-Kastles / Family Day registration >>
Thank you for taking the time to register for this exciting event. Once you have submitted the registration form we will email you confirmation of your entry.
If you are registering for the under 12 Kids n Kastles Competition you do not have to fill in the Team Name, Team Leader, Alternate Team Leader Name or Team Member Names boxes.
This is a Free event so there is no cost to enter.
The number of teams is limited
For more information please contact the Teams Coordinator
Teams/Individual Competition registration >>
Thank you for taking the time to register for this exciting event. Once you have submitted the registration form we will email you confirmation of your entry and attach payment details.
If you are registering for the Individual Competition you do not have to fill in the Team Name, Team Leader, Alternate Team Leader Name or Team Member Names boxes.
The cost to enter the Teams competition is FREE
The cost to enter the Individual competition is FREE
The number of teams is limited
For more information contact the Corporate Teams Coordinator
The Pegasus Bay Charitable Trust
The Trust was established in 2010 with the purpose of promoting the Eastern Suburbs of Christchurch, New Zealand and in particular the coastal foreshore areas and the suburbs of New Brighton. Following negotiations with the organisers of the USA Sandcastle Competition, the Pegasus Bay Charitable Trust are establishing New Zealand’s first ever official Sandcastle Competition based on the 30 years experience from the USA organisers at Imperial Beach, San Diego, California.
The Pegasus Bay Charitable Trust members are:
Chairman: Roger W. Turner - Life Education Trust (Canterbury)
Brian Keeley, MPMI - Science Alive!
Tim Sintes – Christchurch City Council Burwood/Pegasus Community Board Member
Philip Du Val, LLb, J.P. - Chairman Home and Family Society (Christchurch)
The Vision for the 'New Zealand Sandcastle Competition'
- To develop and run an annual “New Zealand Sandcastle Competition” at the New Brighton beach adjacent to the car park to the north of the Pier.
- To create a new festival that will be fun day at the beach for all the family.
- To promote the Festival so that it will attract visitors from overseas, around New Zealand and especially families from around Canterbury.
- To promote the New Brighton District.
- To promote the value of families spending time together and we also acknowledge the challenges facing families and business in the next year.
Our Goal will be
For Families to have a 'BIG FUN, HAPPY DAY' on the New Brighton beach
Our Focus is
A FAMILY FOCUSED event building sandcastles. Free to view. Where the public are welcome to bring a picnic down to the beach and spend a lovely relaxed day at the beach with the family.
The Pegasus Bay Charitable Trust propose to distribute all proceeds from the first “New Zealand Sandcastle Competition” as follows:
- To the Life Education Trust Canterbury.
- To the Pegasus Bay Charitable Trust for community projects.